I was away for a month and received two awards and two writing challenges. If you want to know about me keep reading as their is personal revelations answered through questions or writings. There is also a poem to glean. Enjoy!
I would like to thank Marlyn of https://kintal.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for the Encouraging Thunder Award. While visiting her blog you will gleen sound spiritual quotes with thoughts of your own to ponder. Her own graphics are something to behold as well. Please visit her blog it is well worth the read.
The rules for bloggers who receive this award:
What you can do with the award
- Post it on your blog
- Grant other bloggers with the award
What you can’t do with the award
- Abuse or misuse the logo
- Claim that it’s your own handmade logo
What you should do after receiving award
- Enjoy the award
- At least give thanks via comments and likes and/or mentioning the blog who gave the award.
- Mention your purpose in blogging
Encouraging Thunder Bloggers:
I have received two awards and two writing challenges since I was away for a month. Instead of nominating some people I will nominate all of you to receive the award. You are all worthy bloggers. Get to it, claim your award.
My purpose in blogging
My purpose in blogging cannot be written in its entirety. I think blogging for me is the social contacts one builds over a period of time, a little family of sorts. Reading other peoples blog makes me aware of different perceptions and ways to look at things and there is a lot of great pieces out there. I love to write and I was told if you write for yourself then you will love the craft of writing and so it is. I enjoy all the blogs I follow and give thanks to all the people that follow me.
Creative Blogger Award
I want to thank thehutownerblog for nominating me for this award. I was away for a month and he graciously let me accept it a month later. You can visit his blog
https://thehutownerblog.wordpress.com/ You will enjoy his traveling photos of his homeland and abroad. You will also enjoy his writing that fluidly writes amazing poetry and other writings.
Here are the 5 facts about me :
1)I wrote my first poem in grade 9 and the teacher said it was worthy of a class copy and she made one for the whole glass. I was not popular after that. lol
2) I’m a Gaia boy. I am at home in nature. I breathe the heartbeat of earth where I go on hikes on trails. I find myself at the beach quite often writing poetry there or sketching. Something about the hypnotic lull of the sea that invigorates writing within myself. I love gardening and my garden is made up elements of the earth. Metal, iron, driftwood and glass and pottery are accents in my garden.
3) I am a homebody type of person with the hand on the doorknob not wanting to let go syndrome. I much prefer having friends in for the evening preparing a gourmet meal. Yes I love cooking and I have a set of guinea pigs that are willing to sample new recipes. I must say I doctor the recipes to my taste and if anyone asks for the recipe I give them the original and they come back saying it did not taste like the one I made. Now they caught on to me and want the doctored version….sheesh.
4) I was a very shy person almost painfully shy. I don’t know where the turn of events took place but you can’t shut me up. OK I am not that bad but I talk a hell of a lot more than I used to.
5) I have had some interesting employment opportunities in my life. One was working at an organization named Friends for Life. The organization dealt with people living with life threatening and terminal illnesses. Although it was a thankless job the rewards were that much greater.
* Display the Creative Blogger Award logo on your blog
* Nominate 15-20 blogs and notify all nominees via their social media/blogs
* Thank and post the link of the blog that nominated you (very important)
* Share 5 random facts about yourself to your readers
* Pass these rules on to them
***** I have received two awards and two challenges since I was away the last month. Instead of nominating some I nominate you all to receive the award. You are all worthy bloggers. Get to it, claim your award.
LOVE HATE CHALLENGE
thehutownerblog sent me this challenge. Please visit his website on wordpress https://thehutownerblog.wordpress.com/ where you will sample some amazing writings and tours of the Phillipines his native homeland and other destinations abroad.
**This challenge requires a list of ten things you love and ten things you hate. Nominate ten ( 10 ) bloggers to do this challenge and let them know of your nominating them about it. You can do it in any form, poetry, essay, enumeration, etc. and do your best. **
Love hate challenge
I didn’t choose poetry to exhibit my loves and hates. I chose point form more or less an expose of what I love and what I hate and share some more of myself.
- I love being outside where I can sketch my garden from season to season and change the dress at a whim of a thought.
- Nature is where I love to be as well. Listening to the solitude of the forest. I feel at home not wanting the silence to be broken.
- I love cooking. I feel like a warlock doctoring recipes changing the mix in the potion with palatable results.
- The beach is an aspect of nature that I absolutely love. Being two blocks away from ocean water, I am often found at the beach writing and sketching.
- I love to sketch aquatic scenery, nature sceneries, old buildings, etc. Sketching the human form is not my forte.
- I love to paint. Although I have not painted in years, I have all those sketches in the waiting room.
- I love most people. Some people are hard to take or you want to avoid them completely. I am able to see the child in most people which help me to understand their behaviors. I am likely not to engage at that point.
- I love my furry family. My three cats are Mephisto, Sascha, Spirit and a stray that has wandered into the house and is making himself quite at home. He is very cute and I named him snap. Oh no you name him you adopt him. We shall see.
- I looooooooooooove reading with the images thrown into my mind. I can go places that I have never been and experience all that I never have.
- I love my partner. I don’t know why but I needed to finish the list on love. lol
- I hate the word hate. Hate is a strong word. I prefer to use the word dislike which does not have teeth to it.
- Chop Suey I can do without. This is one food along with Salmon that I gag instantly if it is put in my mouth. If I had to eat it I would but I prefer not to.
- Ignorance I dislike. To me ignorance is people that do not want to make a difference in the world by educating themselves. These are dangerous people.
- I dislike people that are, “My way or the highway.” This speaks to their lack of wanting to broaden their horizon.
- I dislike hatred. Hatred is the ultimate poison in your body. Nothing grows in hatred and hatred leads to bad behaviors. Hatred has caused many wars and has seen innocent people go to their deaths etc.
- Dishonesty is another characteristic that I dislike. There are various forms of dishonesty but let’s face it, it doesn’t matter if it’s cheating or lying etc., it produces the same feeling when one is the victim.
- The only thing I hate on this list and I am not using the word dislike is yellow jacket hornets. In my part of the world these hornets are aggressive in nature and can sting multiple times. I know I was a recipient of the sting.
- I dislike rats. They give me the heebie jeebies. I can look at them from afar but bring one in close proximity to me and I’ll run like a little girl. Lol
- I dislike the way the world is set up. As the quote goes, “We are the only species that has to pay to live on earth.” So true and unnecessary.
- I dislike friends that fart in a crowd and blame it on you. I always say the guilty pig squeals the loudest. I hate to say goodbye but the challenge is over.
I challenge all my readers : I have received two awards and two challenges since I was away the last month. Instead of nominating some people I am nominating you all to receive the award. You are all worthy bloggers. Get to it, claim your award.
I was nominated by Musings147 https://musings147.wordpress.com/ Please visit her blog and imbibe a delicassy of words
Thank you for nominating me and for thinking of me to be nominated as well.
1) Open an MS Word document (or any other editor)
2) Set a stop watch or your mobile of 5-10 minutes.
3) Your topic is at the foot of this post, DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4) Fill the word document with as much words as you want. Once you began writing do not stop.
5) Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check (it is only meant for you reflect on your control on sensible thought flow)
6) You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and capitals.
7) At the end of your post write down the number of words
8) Do not forget to copy paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new topic.
My nominees are-
I have received three awards since I was away for a month. Instead of nominating a few people I nominate you all to receive the award. You are all worthy bloggers. Get to it claim your award.
Okay, so feel free to interpret the topic in any way you want. The topic is-
Here is what I wrote
My motto wrap me around a sheet of paper and rock my words to sleep. This saying appears on my blog in About at the top right hand side.
What the word sheet to me comes in various meaning but my first thought was silk sheets
Sliding into comfort
caressing every curve
that takes you
into world unknowns
has seen passion
one tracked thoughts
Racing though the body
grabbing the sheets
for that last moment
that feverish pitch
is banging below
and then the release
that takes you into
Your topic will be: Clouds
I will be interested in seeing what you all come up with. Happy writing.